Skilled CNC Machinist / Setter / Programmer (Batch Line)
Job Type: Full-time Salary: £14.81 /hour Grade 3B
The role will be reporting to the Site Supervisor / Machine Shop Team Leader and will involve the following duties and responsibilities:
Dyer Engineering are proud of our skilled and dedicated workforce and are looking for a time served Skilled CNC Machinist to join our growing team. The successful applicants will work within an interesting and fast paced environment covering a wide variety of products including complex machined fabrications and assemblies.
Dyer Engineering has been established for almost 40 years and has continually grown, whilst enjoying an enviable order book and working in a range of industry sectors including Defence, Offshore, Rail, Power Generation and Automotive.
You will be a fully experienced CNC Machine operator fully conversant in programming, setting and editing programs with Heidenhain or Fanuc based programing language.
The work includes bespoke product and batch production mainly using fabrications made within the Dyer Engineering extensive facilities.
- To provide high quality machined components which will include
- Programming and Setting CNC machining centres (milling)
- Selecting and setting tooling and complying with the information presented for the work order (Job card)
- Loading, editing and saving programs.
- Setting datum and running the program.
- Ensuring methods are used for securely clamping components prior to machining.
- Following information presented on job routing card.
- Introduction of new product, program and jig design manufacture.
- A thorough understanding of engineering drawings to a good standard.
- Experience of measuring equipment and the ability to inspect work in line with required quality standards.
Knowledge and Experience Required
Ideally you will possess excellent technical/engineering knowledge with a good understanding of engineering materials, be flexible, a good team player with the ability to also work independently. Dyer Engineering drive a target zero culture on quality so an importance of quality requirements and focus on this is essential.
Experience within a sub contract environment would be an advantage.
If you would like to be considered for this role a please submit your CV and a covering letter.
Manufacturing Manager – Divisional Leader