Fully funded Degree Apprenticeship, studying for a BEng (Hons) Manufacturing Engineering Practice
A NEW WAY TO ENGINEER YOUR CAREER
Join our fully-funded Degree Apprenticeship programme to study for a BEng (Hons) Manufacturing Engineering Practice Degree.
Earn while you Learn
We are delighted to offer an opportunity to join our brand-new Degree Apprenticeship programme and study for an Engineering degree. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain a degree without incurring student debt and, even better than that, you will be paid while you learn.
What will you get?
- This role is for an Apprenticeship in the Manufacturing Engineer Degree Apprenticeship scheme.
- You will graduate with a BENg (Hons) in Engineering Practice.
- Starting salary of £15,000 a year with increments as you progress through the programme.
- Pension plan and a generous holiday entitlement every year.
- 1-3 years (depending on entry level) on-the-job training with study through day-release at Sunderland University, working towards a BEng (Hons) in Engineering Practice.
- 3 years continued development on the Dyer graduate programme.
- At the completion of the programme you will fill one of the many different Engineering roles we have in the business.
- All tuition fees are met by the Company.
NB: A job offer would be subject to successful application and acceptance onto the Degree Apprenticeship programme. The programme is not intended for individuals who have already completed and graduated from University in a similar field.
From the moment you join Dyer Engineering, you’ll be a valuable full-time member of the team. You will work and be supported by the experienced and qualified team at Dyer Engineering. This programme is not for the faint hearted. The pace will be fast, and you will be expected to excel in your development so you can progress to the next stage.
What do you need?
All applicants will require UK/EEA Nationality or permanent residency status.
Depending on circumstances entry can be achieved at year 1, 2 & 3.
Year 1 applicants will need a minimum:
- A Levels at grade C or above in both a Mathematical based subject and a Science, Technology, Engineering or additional Mathematics related subject
- 90 Credits in Engineering BTEC at Level 3
- Where applicants do not meet the standard University points tariff (112 UCAS points) for entry, their application will be considered individually. It is expected that students will have at least five GCSE’s grade 4-9 including Mathematics, English and a Science (unless competency in numeracy and literacy can be demonstrated in an alternative manner) or have completed a recognised Apprenticeship in an applicable Engineering discipline and achieved a technical qualification. Admission will be subject to students meeting the funding requirements for Skills Funding Agency support.
Year 2 Applicants will need a minimum:
- BTEC Higher National Certificate in an applicable Engineering subject
Year 3 Applicants will need a minimum:
- BTEC Higher National Diploma in an applicable Engineering subject
Beyond your academic qualifications, we’ll be looking for evidence that you’re genuinely enthusiastic about developing a career in Engineering; we need to know you’ve thought things through and are fairly sure that this career is right for you. You’ll be analytical, methodical and good at solving problems, as well as articulate, driven and a fast learner.
We’re also very keen to take on people who love working as a team because we all enjoy working with other people. So, we’ll be interested in how you’ve worked in a group. That could be at school, with your family, in a sports team, at work, in voluntary organisations, such as the Guides, Scouts or Cadets, or as part of religious or community activities.
Dyer Engineering is an innovative group of fabrication and machining businesses with wide-ranging capabilities to manufacture metal components and structures. We operate across a diverse range of markets, working with various metals, with the ability to process small parts which can be picked up by the handful, through to large-scale structures operating in harsh environments.
We are in a period of significant growth, with lots of exciting opportunities ahead. To find out more about the Company and what it’s like to work at Dyer Engineering, please visit: www.smarterstrongertogether.com
To apply for the role, please write a cover letter along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org