– Annfield Plain, UK
The role is with a very fast-paced manufacturing environment servicing customers in mechanical breakdowns and repairs. Responsibility areas cover a number of tasks within the business across production planning and engineering. The main purpose of the role is to create Production Plans/Work to Lists for the factory operations (machining and welding) to ensure customer priorities are met and delivery dates adhered too. Plan and control sub-contract and intercompany operations with other divisions of Dyer Engineering. Create jobs cards which includes writing engineering routes and ordering material to manufacture parts to customer drawings and in house designs. Provide weekly status updates to customers informing them of order progress. Plan and arrange transport movements and customer deliveries. Ability to work within a fast-paced environment and manage a lot of customers demands is critical.
Reporting to the Operations Leader – The role will involve the following duties and responsibilities:
- Align with JS Team Leader to allocate work on a day to day basis to Shop floor
- Create Engineering route cards, including accurately allocating/ordering materials
- Internal and external process operations scheduling, control and progressing
- Compiling and providing accurate order updates to customers
- Create engineering drawings using CAD (Inventor) and hand sketches when required
- Create sub-assembly parts from assembly drawings
- Machining/Welding job quotations
- Monitoring of workload and capacity planning
Required Experience and Skills:
- Ideally, time served in a Practical or Technical Engineering discipline
Or, a minimum of 3+ years’ experience in a production control/engineering role
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings essential
- Ability to use CAD advantageous
- An understanding, interest and enthusiasm for manufacturing and engineering in practical terms.
- Ability to think for themselves and work within a fast-paced, quick turnaround manufacturing environment.
- Can fully understand and meaningfully contribute to discussions and decisions within your allocated Production area.
- Effective communicator.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings
- A hands-on, practical approach.
- Self-motivated with the ability to influence, engage and motivate others to perform.
- Can make accurate judgements and identify appropriate courses of action to address problems as they arise.
- Innovative and proactive in problem-solving.
- Ability to remain calm and positive under pressure.
What will you get?
- Competitive salary
- 24 days holiday
- Death in service benefit
- Training and development
- 39-hour week – Working hours – Mon to Thu 07:30 to 16:30 – Fri 07:30 to 12:30
- From the moment you join Dyer Engineering, you’ll be a valuable full-time member of the team. You will work and be supported by the experienced and qualified team at Dyer Engineering.
Dyer Engineering is an innovative group of fabrication and machining businesses with wide-ranging capabilities to manufacture metal components and structures. We operate across a diverse range of markets, working with various metals, with the ability to process small parts which can be picked up by the handful, through to large-scale structures operating in harsh environments.
We are in a period of significant growth, with lots of exciting opportunities ahead. To find out more about the Company and what it’s like to work at Dyer Engineering, please visit: www.smarterstrongertogether.com
To apply for the role, please send a cover letter along with your CV to email@example.com