– Stanley, UK
As part of the Senior Leadership Team, you will also be jointly responsible for contributing to the achievement of the company’s strategic and operational targets and overall business aims.
Reporting to the Operations Director, you will be responsible for helping to achieve the Company’s sales turnover, on-time delivery and profit targets.
At Dyer Engineering we have ambitious plans to be world-class in our area of expertise manufacturing metal fabricated and machined components. We have a strong record demonstrating growth and development within this sector.
Our growth and success is underpinned by the shared values of SmarterStrongerTogether – www.smarterstrongertogether.com
Reporting to the Operations Director – The role will include key responsibilities in the following areas:
- Planning & Delivery
- Quality, Environment & Continuous Improvement
- Cost Control
- Production Team / HR
Required Experience and Skills:
- Ideally educated to HNC/HND/Degree level in Mechanical Engineering and/or have a relevant professional institute qualification.
- Possess a broad background in mechanical engineering/manufacturing with a wide range of knowledge on manufacturing and production processes, preferably fabrication and machining related.
- Possess experience of subcontract environment.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical engineering & technical drawings.
- Have a working understanding of production planning & scheduling.
- Have a working understanding of procurement & ERP
- Have a working understanding of stock management systems.
- Have a working understanding of quality management systems.
- Have a working understanding of health and safety best practice and legislation.
- Have a working understanding of the principles and tools of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement tools within a low volume, high-quality manufacturing facility.
- Possess experience in the operating within ISO 9001 Quality Management System.
- Strong problem-solving skills & ‘design for manufacture’ skills.
- Be comfortable dealing with and efficient in processing paperwork.
- Possess a working understanding of leadership principles and management best practice.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and customer-focused working environment.
- Possess excellent personal organisation and business administration skills in accordance with modern best-practice methods.
- Ability to meet greet and talk with customers and potential clients.
- Ability to build a high-performance team who can operate efficiently, effectively, productively and cost-effectively.
- Be personally energetic, dynamic, positive, and enthusiastic, possessing the ability to think laterally and act through reasoned decision making.
- Be able to get things done and make things happen to achieve the aims of production and the business.
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality.
- Possess the ability to implement and manage change in the business.
- Possess the willingness to learn, improve and adapt.
- Possess strong computer and IT skills and competency.
What will you get?
- Competitive salary
- 24 days holiday
- Death in service benefit
- Training and development
- 39-hour week – Working hours – Mon to Thu 07:30 to 16:30 – Fri 07:30 to 12:30
From the moment you join Dyer Engineering, you’ll be a valuable full-time member of the team. You will work and be supported by the experienced and qualified team at Dyer Engineering.
Dyer Engineering is an innovative group of fabrication and machining businesses with wide-ranging capabilities to manufacture metal components and structures. We operate across a diverse range of markets, working with various metals, with the ability to process small parts which can be picked up by the handful, through to large-scale structures operating in harsh environments.
We are in a period of significant growth, with lots of exciting opportunities ahead. To find out more about the Company and what it’s like to work at Dyer Engineering, please visit: www.smarterstrongertogether.com
To apply for the role, please send a cover letter along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org