Fully funded Degree Apprenticeship, studying for a BEng (Hons) Engineering Degree
A NEW WAY TO ENGINEER YOUR CAREER
Join our fully-funded
Degree Apprenticeship programme
to study for a BEng (Hons) Engineering Degree
Earn while you Learn
We are delighted to offer an opportunity for an HNC Engineering student to join our brand-new Degree Apprenticeship programme and study for an Engineering degree. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain a degree without incurring Student debt and even better than that you will be paid while you learn.
What will you get?
- Starting salary of £15,000 a year with increments as you progress through the 5 year programme.
- Pension plan and a generous holiday entitlement, every year.
- 2 years on-the-job training with study through day-release at Sunderland University, working towards a BEng (Hons) in Engineering Practice.
- 3 years continued development on the Dyer graduate programme.
- At the completion of the 5 year programme you will fill one of the many different Engineering roles we have in the business.
- All tuition fees are met by the Company.
From the moment you join Dyer Engineering, you’ll be a valuable full-time member of the team. You will work and be supported by the experienced and qualified team at Dyer Engineering. This programme is not for the faint hearted. The pace will be fast and you will be expected to excel in your development so you can progress to the next stage.
What do you need?
- You’ll need an HNC in an engineering discipline.
- GCSE Maths, Science and English at grade 4 (C) or above.
- UK/EEA Nationality or permanent residency status.
- The programme is not intended for individuals who have already completed and graduated from university.
Beyond your academic qualifications, we’ll be looking for evidence that you’re genuinely enthusiastic about developing a career in engineering, we need to know you’ve thought things through and are fairly sure that this career is right for you. You’ll be analytical, methodical and good at solving problems, as well as articulate, driven and a fast learner.
We’re also very keen to take on people who love working as a team because we all enjoy working with other people. So, we’ll be interested in how you’ve worked in a group. That could be at school, with your family, in a sports team, at work, in voluntary organisations, such as the Guides, Scouts or Cadets, or as part of religious or community activities.
Dyer Engineering is an innovative Group of fabrication and machining businesses with wide-ranging capabilities to manufacture metal components and structures. We operate across a diverse range of markets, working with various metals, with the ability to process small parts which can be picked up by the handful, through to large-scale structures operating in harsh environments.
We are in a period of significant growth, with lots of exciting opportunities ahead. To find out more about the Company and what it’s like to work at Dyer Engineering, please visit:- www.smarterstrongertogether.com
To apply for the role, please write a cover letter along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org