Dyer Engineering QSHE policy statement
is to maintain a safe and secure business through: –
- Striving to become a world-leading provider of challenging metal products and service support activities.
- Creating a business which is held as an example of how a business should be run with an excellent culture, processes
- Aiming to provide a job for life to our employees, enabling them to realise their full potential, as part of one winning
- Building a culture where our team are fully y enthused, engaged and rewarded for their efforts and results, underpinned
by our SmarterStrongerTogether ethos: –
underpins our mission and we strive to achieve it in everything we do: –
SMARTER – We strive for excellence in manufacturing “challenging” metal components, through continuously pursuing an improvement focused culture and innovating SMARTER ways of doing things.
STRONGER – We drive our “economic engine” through increasing our efficiency, whilst reducing the costs associated with our activities. By achieving this we will become more secure and ever STRONGER, enabling us to sustain, invest and endure.
TOGETHER – We passionately strive to impress our customers, our team and our community, by working TOGETHER to build relationships based on honesty and integrity amongst ourselves and all our stakeholders.
How we do it
Safety is our number one priority and we are committed to operating a business where health and safety matters more than anything else we do at Dyer Engineering. Nothing that we do within the business is so urgent or so important that we cannot find a way to do it safely. It doesn’t matter how often you perform a task, be it routine or a one-off, please take time to consider how to do it safely so that nobody is put at risk by the actions you take.
Our aim is to work together and support you to provide a safe and healthy environment where safety is at the forefront of working practices and that the correct work equipment is provided so that we all go “Home Safe, Every Day”.
You are required to pay proper attention to health and safety issues but also to demonstrate your commitment to good standards at all times. Good health and safety practice go hand in hand with good performance and supports delivery. It is imperative that managers are seen to lead by example to help us achieve the high standards in our teams that we strive for. We will ensure that you are supported and guided by health and safety support but it remains our responsibility at all times to comply with current legislation, follow relevant standards and are fully committed to continual improvement so that all our assets, plant, equipment and property is safe to use and is safely used.
The accountability for the quality, health, safety and environmental outcomes of the business are shared by us all and we carry out all our work in line with defined management systems that comply with the international standards ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001. Everybody is trained in the systems and processes and nobody deviates unless we find a better way of doing something and we agree to change as a team. We regularly review our business operations and associated risks to establish objectives to improve which are communicated throughout the business.
We provide the necessary resources and facilities to achieve success in quality, health & safety and environmental outcomes and regularly communicate to encourage consultation and participation in all matters relating to the operation of the business, for example our Target Zero program, which is focused on driving improvements and continuously striving for zero accidents, zero product defects, and zero impact on our environment.
Our Core Values
are precious to us, upheld by everyone and guide all our behaviours and actions: –
- INTEGRITY – We do the right thing. Act transparently and keep our commitments. Actions speak louder than words.
- SAFETY – We do it safely. Protect ourselves and strive for safety perfection.
- CARE – We care about our impact on the world. Look after our community and our environment.
- ORDER – We do it correctly. Follow the process until we improve it.
- RESPECT – We do it fairly. Value the team and treat everyone with respect.
- QUALITY – We do it best. Build quality into everything we do.